Maybe you’re suffering from a serious case of wanderlust. Or, possibly, from your dull and unchanging routine. Whatever the case, you know when it’s time to get away.
Some common symptoms include: a decline in your inspiration or creativity, the people and places around you begin to become a bore…or, even worse, you start to feel as if you’re losing yourself. As each day passes by, you feel as if you are sinking further and further into a trap. This trap is your life.
You may be in so deep that you start to wonder: How did I ever get here in the first place? Instead of wondering or having regret, the best thing you can do is to make an immediate change. Some execute drastic changes — such as quitting their job, chopping off their hair or dropping everything to get away right now. If you’re like many of us in the world…feeling stuck, confused or even lost on the next move in life, take a moment to reflect on the following 10 quotes.
10. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine
9. Go outside. Don’t tell anyone and don’t bring your phone. Start walking and keep walking until you no longer know the road like the palm of your hand, because we walk the same roads day in and day out, to the bus and back home and we cease to see. We walk in our sleep and teach our muscles to work without thinking and I dare you to walk where you have not yet walked and I dare you to notice. Don’t try to get anything out of it, because you won’t. Don’t try to make use of it, because you can’t. And that’s the point. Just walk, see, sit down if you like. And be. Just be, whatever you are with whatever you have, and realise that that is enough to be happy. There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it.” –Charlotte Eriksson
8. “Sometimes you need to step outside, get some fresh air and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be.” –Gossip Girl
7. “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” –Alan Alda
6. “If you don’t get lost, there’s a chance you may never be found.” –Unknown
5. “Laughter is an instant vacation.” –Milton Berle
4. “Every once in a while, people need to be in the presence of things that are really far away.” ―Ian Frazier
3. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” –Mark Twain
2. “Adventure is worthwhile.” –Aristotle
1. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” –Hilaire Belloc
Featured photo credit: Travel/Moyan Brenn via flic.kr
The post 10 Quotes for Those Who Need to Get Away Right Now appeared first on Lifehack.