Never underestimate the power of quotes. Or should I say – words?
All it takes is one line, one thought, a few words and a little wisdom to shift your mindset for the better.
(I personally created the images in this post, feel free to use them however you like).
These 10 Authentic Quotes Will Give You A Reality Check.
1. “Your excuses might be legit, but they won’t improve your life.” – Grant Cardone
Grant Cardone is right. Excuses won’t improve your life, never have, never will. And they certainly haven’t done so for me.
I’m sure you can attest to this. It’s easy to make up excuses for why you’re:
- Not getting the results you want.
- Not happy.
- Slacking off.
- Repeating the same mistakes.
- Struggling to exercise regularly.
- Struggling to get things done on time.
But those excuses keep you in a loop. And none of the things you’re excusing will change until you quit making excuses and do something about it.
Like making a commitment and focusing on solutions rather than the problems.
2. “Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.” – Mark Twain
The society we live in will tell us to do things in certain ways, act in certain ways and follow a set amount of rules.
As a result we spend the majority of our lives undoing not just the brainwashing, but the knowledge and beliefs that have been holding us back.
Just think about the things you were taught growing up. Such as:
- Money won’t make you happy.
- You HAVE to go to college to succeed.
- Settle for what you’ve got.
- It’s the governments fault.
- You have to be born lucky to be successful.
- It’s rude to speak your mind.
These limiting beliefs can hold you back a great deal. Until you become conscious and aware enough to disregard and flush these limiting beliefs out your system.
Self education is important, but unlearning what you’ve learnt and flushing the garbage out of your system is just as important. If not more important.
3. “Most human beings ain’t as real as they pretend to be.” – Chamillionaire
The brutal truth is not everybody is within your best interest. Consciously you know this, but subconsciously most of us deny this fact.
That’s why we experience unnecessary:
- Relationship breakups.
- Emotional pain.
- Physical pain.
And much more. Pay attention to the warning signs early, instead of being naive or hoping for a more positive outcome.
4. “The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” – Flannery O’Connor
The truth is the truth. No amount of running away can change that fact. And no amount of in-denial over years and years will ever change the truth either. Not even in the slightest.
The best way to stomach the truth and move on from it, is to:
- Face the truth head on.
- Accept the truth.
- Accept the reality of the situation.
- Solve the problem.
- Take responsibility.
Then you’ll be in a better state of mind to deal with it and move forward with your life.
5. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
Lying it like procrastinating. It’s easy to do it but it’s harder to do the opposite. But that doesn’t excuse you from doing it.
The best and only way to have a clear conscience is to:
- Tell the truth.
- Be blunt.
- Be straightforward.
- Tell it like it is.
- Speak your mind.
- Voice your opinion.
- Let it out your system.
- Don’t hold back.
- Get it over and done with quickly.
- Let others know where you stand.
Then nobody can hold you accountable, point fingers, or be mad at you for not speaking the truth. And most importantly, you won’t feel like a fraud or a fake which is 100 times worse.
6. “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.” – Thomas Jefferson
I used to wake up everyday and read the local news online. And sometimes even the global news. The moment I gave up that habit my mind was:
- More focused.
- I felt better.
- I became happier.
- And more productive.
As a result I’ve become more educated than I ever was because of the things I intentionally consume and read.
The point here is to be wise about the things you’re reading, watching and listening to everyday. Because things like the news 24/7 will only do you more harm than good.
7. “You won’t have a successful life surrounded by negative people.” – Grant Cardone
It doesn’t matter:
- How ambitious you are.
- How motivated you are.
- How positive you usually are.
- How dedicated and determined you are.
- Or how hungry you are for success.
If you’re around negative people too often, they’ll suck the life right out of you. And eventually they’ll hinder your success. Making it impossible for you to create the success you desire.
As they saying goes –
Birds of a feather flock together.
So if the birds you’re hanging around with are holding you back, it’s time to seek out those with a similar mindset who will uplift and mold you into a better version of yourself.
8. “Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you.” – Stephanie Klein
The worst thing that can happen is someone else speaking your truth, because you decided not to.
Or because you were too afraid to let the truth be known. Remember, the truth is the truth and it’ll be discovered eventually.
Get it off your conscience by getting it out of your system. It’ll do your state of mind some good.
9. “There are 3 types lies – lies, damn lies and statistics.” – Benjamin Disraeli
Getting caught up in statistics will do you more harm than is necessary. Because statistics aren’t always facts.
And even when they are true, getting lost in them will only serve to slow you down as you’ll be too focused on them.
So by getting caught up in statistics related to:
And so on, you’re only getting in the way of your own success.
Getting lost in statistics is a guaranteed way to become a statistic sooner or later.
10. “Go the extra mile, there’s no one on it.” – Grant Cardone
How many people are willing to:
- Work longer than they’re expected to?
- Deliver more than they’re expected to?
- Write more articles than they’re expected to?
- Help others more than they’re expected to?
- Achieve more than they’re expected to?
- Go out their way to help others, even when not asked to do so?
And that presents an opportunity for those who are committed to going the extra mile. Or better yet, going even further than the extra mile to exceed their own expectations, and other people’s expectations.
Be that guy or girl who goes the extra mile. Because it’s worth it, and there’s little competition.
Got something to say? Speak your mind in the comments! Then spread the word by sharing this post. 🙂
Theo Ellis is a content creator who’s committed to making a difference for the better. He shares his personal experiences to help you grow your confidence, self discipline and productivity. Checkout his blog – justbereal.co.uk
The post These 10 Authentic Quotes Will Give You A Reality Check appeared first on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement.